So, after having such a successful day slaying my record of 135 views in one day to 251 views… YAY for my blog! I woke up the next morning to receiving The Versatile Blogger Award from Peace, Love & Fabulous Things. Thank you for thinking about me!
At first, I thought, what could this mean? What do I do with it? I will be honest, I thought how vague this award was that there were 15 other blogs listed. I thought well, how impersonal. I could see that if there were 5 bloggers awarded, I might believe that this award was meant for me. But I did some research and here is what I found out. It is a great tool to link up with other bloggers that we would not of had the pleasure of knowing before. I really only focused on my blog and really did not know many others… It was actually really fun trying to find bloggers who were interested in the same things I am! Not to mention finding others to keep my inspiration going! It is such a great support system! Plus, you get this really cool award to display on your blog!
For those who I have nominated, you have been awarded! Congratulations! Keep up the great work!
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Some things about myself…
1. I live in Antigo, WI. I love the slow paced life-style here and have made many close friends who made this place a great place to live.
2. I have 2 boys (ages 3 and 5, at the moment I blogged this).
3. I sell L’BRI Pure n’ Natural Skincare on the side of being a Household Manager (aka stay at home mom) to give me some spending money. I also watch my friend’s 3 kids while she works. I also make some extra cash doing fun projects for people (oil painting, chalk drawings, etc)
4. I have a Graphic Design Associate Degree. I am an artist who does a lot of different types of things… Oil Paintings, Chalk Drawings, Craft-Type Things, Crocheting for fun. Once the kids get older, I will get into this more and more.
5. I love to go to the beach. It is about the only place that I can recoup and feel refreshed like I had a mini vacation.
6. I hate to cook, but I do it for my kids and because it is healthier. We eat out once a month, if not less than that.
7. I LOVE the smell of skunk. Seriously true. I will role the window down to get a whiff. lol
This is going to be fun, but can we nominate the person who gave us this award? Because I love her blog too! lol The person who generously thought of me, was Rachel from Peace, Love & Fabulous Things. Thank you so much for this honor. I will admit, I was so excited I lost a little sleep from it. (he he)
Now, the moment you have been waiting for… The nominees in no particular order…
1. I Heart Handmade… crafting, Etsy, healthy living, natural childbirth, Baby Signs, saving money…… one stop blog with great projects
2. Sew Zen… This blogger rescues interesting fabrics that are headed toward our landfills and transform them into functional works of art.
3. Money Saving Tips… Cedella Garcia gives lots of advice on how to save money.
4. The Woodland Garden… Rachel has developed an evolving desire for whole living and a love for sustainable cooking. Some really great ideas here.
5. Live to Garden… Full of great tips on gardening and landscaping.
6. Canning Supplies… Ever want to get started on canning? This blog will show you how! Includes video tutorials!
7. MotifBrophy… Renew.Reclaim.Refresh.Rejuvenate.Restore.Rebuild.Revamp.
8. Hart’s Desire… Creations… Lots of great DIY projects! LOVE THEM!
9. Play 101… Some fun Games for kids
10. Finding More in Less… Don’t we all need to read this? Glad I found you.
11. Get Organized Already!… Lots of really cool organizational tips! It is so much fun to see what others do!
12. Southern Home Organizers… Tips for organizing your home like a professional organizer…
13. Sassy Spaces… A blog FULL of tips and tricks on organizing clutter in spaces
14. Hungry Happenings… Tons of cool ideas for decorating with food. Great place to stop for inspiration for an upcoming celebration!
15. The Creative Imperative… Lots of tutorials, tips and tricks to many DIY projects. I love all of her work.
Those who are nominated, I really think that you have some great information to feed my hunger for creativity. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and projects with the world. Keep up the great work and I can’t wait to see you do more!